Welcome to Church of the Redeemer
Our Values & Goals
- Discipleship: Produce growing, mature followers of Jesus Christ who embrace our 3S focus areas (SSS) of Sundays, Small Groups, and Service.
- Life on Life Connection: Have 75% membership involvement in a small group.
- Missions and Evangelism: Clearly define our three areas of missions (local, national, global) and have 50% membership involvement in taking the gospel to these areas while working towards greater involvement in the years to come.
- Compassionate Care: Elders and Deacons engaged in Shepherding and Serving while equipping the flock to extend mercy and care in our congregation, community and beyond.
- Empowering Leadership: Have a healthy rotation of elders and deacons who encourage and equip the laity to serve in ministries and committees.
- Integration: Properly taking in and integrating the new people who come to Redeemer.
Church of the Redeemer is a Reformed church in Indian Trail, NC (Union County) that is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America and the Central Carolina Presbytery. The church began by the heartfelt desire and prayers of a group of members at Christ Covenant Church (PCA) in Matthews, NC. This group longed to see a PCA church presence in Union County, and with Christ Covenant’s consent and encouragement, a core group was formed to plant the church, and Rev. Dean Faulkner was called as the first Senior Pastor in 2001.
From September 2001 until February 2002, services were held in Matthews at Christ our Shepherd Church, and in February 2002, the growing group of worshipers began meeting at Sun Valley High School in Monroe, NC. The church grew in all areas of worship, evangelism, discipleship, community outreach and missions.
“Church in a Box”
In December 2003, Church of the Redeemer became a particular church in the PCA. Without a physical facility, Redeemer was a “church in a box.” Set-up teams were formed to ready the high school building every Sunday morning for Sunday School and Worship, and take-down teams would then take it all down and do it again the following Sunday.
Strong Children and Youth Ministries were formed to teach our young people about the love of Jesus. Women’s, Men’s, and Empty Nester’s Ministries were developed for older adults to grow in their worship and service to Christ.
New Property & Fundraising
In 2008, the church began a Capital Campaign. Through prayer and generous giving, the church purchased property in 2010 at the corner of Goldmine Road and Wesley Chapel-Stouts Road with the desire to build a church building.
In 2017, Rev. Adam Mumpower was called to serve as the second Senior Pastor. With this new era of ministry beginning, ground was broken in April 2018 for the building of the current facility. In June 2019, the building was completed, and it was dedicated to being used for God’s Glory and to serve Him in all ways.
Thriving Church Family
Currently, Church of the Redeemer has around 350 church members, nine staff members, and a healthy core of leadership in its elders and deacons.
Our Doctrine & Polity
Book of Order
The Book of Church Order, commonly referred to as BCO, is part of the constitution of the Presbyterian Church in America, which is subject to and subordinate to the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, the inerrant Word Of God. The BCO is comprised of the Form of Government, the Rules of Discipline and the Directory for Worship as adopted by the Church.